List of New Zealand Universities
There’s official ranking of New Zealand university. We are listing them by date of establishment:
- University of Otago (1869)
- University of Canterbury (1873)
- Lincoln University (1878)
- University of Auckland (1883)
- Massey University (1927)
- Victoria University of Wellington (1897)
- University of Waikato (1964)
- AUT University (2000 – Predecessors established in 1895)
University of Auckland is New Zealand’s largest university and the highest ranked New Zealand university in the world. In 2011 QS World University Rankings ranked Auckland 82nd overall in the world. In the subject rankings it ranked less than the previous year: 55th in Arts & Humanities, 62nd in Engineering & IT, 50th in Life Sciences & Biomedicine, 73rd in Natural Sciences, and 41st in Social Sciences.
AUT University promotes itself as an advocate of innovative approaches to teaching, learning and research. In particular its focus is on providing a pragmatic ‘real world’ approach, ensuring excellence in learning, teaching and developing outstanding graduates for practice in their chosen fields. AUT’s learning environment encourages interaction between students and with their lecturers. This approach aims to develop skills of high value to employers . The most recent data available suggests that 91% of AUT’s graduates obtain employment or progress to further study within 6 months of graduating, which is the highest in New Zealand.
Are you in Singapore? You are eligible for our free services.
We are the overseas university application centre in Singapore. Fully funded by universities, our services are free for students in Singapore. Contact us to get free advice and assistance on your application, visa and accommodation.
- If you are ready to apply, please complete the online application form
- For inquiries, call (+65) 6737 6734 (Mon-Fri, 9.30-17.00), or visit our Application centre at Orchard Gateway@Emerald (Opp. Somerset 313)
- Read more about the Free University Application Service