No. 1 in the UK – IOE has more word-leading research in education than Oxford, Cambridge, King’s, Bristol, Leeds, Exeter, Manchester Metropolitan, Warwick and York (i.e. the rest of the top 10 education institutions) combined.
UCL, Institute of Education
Based in the heart of central London, the Institute of Education (IOE) is the UK’s leading centre for studies in education and related disciplines.
Founded in 1902 the IOE established itself as a world-leading specialist education institution and in December 2014 became a School of UCL. As such, the Institute of Education is part of one of the world’s leading multi-faculty institutions ranked fifth in the world (QS World University Rankings).
The IOE provides an intellectually rich and culturally diverse learning community with students, staff and scholars from over 100 countries. Many of our academic staff are world-renowned researchers in their field, as reflected in the UK government’s Research Assessment Exercise which placed the IOE first for education research in the country. Staff conduct research for governments, NGOs and international organisations meaning that the Institute’s expertise continually influence and shape educational policy across the world.
The IOE is ranked 1st in the world (QS world university rankings). The IOE is ranked first nationally for student satisfaction and offers outstanding academic and social facilities for those enrolled. This includes Europe’s largest education studies library, access to all University of London libraries as well as newly refurbished accommodation located just three minutes away from our modern campus.
Although training teachers is still an essential part of the IOE’s activity, the Institute has developed its role as a leader in national and international education policy and practice and the number one choice for education professionals from around the world to develop themselves and their careers. The Institute offers two undergraduate programmes, 60 flexible masters programmes and has the largest doctoral school in its field in the UK.
Student’s Words – Why I choose IOE
League Table Ranking
The IOE is the number one choice for education professionals from around the world to develop themselves and their careers. We enjoy some of the highest employability ratings compared to all UK universities with 93% of our postgraduates in employment or further study six months after graduation.
According to RAE (Research Assessment Exercise) results, IOE has more 4* research in education than Oxford, Cambridge, King’s, Bristol, Leeds, Exeter, Manchester Metropolitan, Warwick and York (i.e. the rest of the top 10 education institutions) combined.
UCL Institute of Education – Programs
The Institute now offers two full time undergraduate programmes. Both programmes are three years in duration and students are able to choose from a wide selection of modules in across academic departments.
- BA/BSc Psychology with Education (Honours) full-time
- BA Education Studies (Honours) full-time
The IOE offer an unrivalled range of world-class Masters and Doctoral programs to more than 1,000 overseas students each year. They join our 5,500 home students to form a highly diverse, academically rich learning community in the heart of central London.
These courses are offered:
- Adult Literacy, Language And Numeracy MA
- Advanced Educational Practice Programme MA
- Art And Design In Education MA
- Bilingual Learners In Urban Educational Settings MA
- Business Education MA
- Child Development MA/MSc
- Clinical Education MA
- Comparative Education MA
- Curriculum, Pedagogy And Assessment MA
- Development Education MA
- Early Years Education MA
- Economics Of Education MA
- Education (Citizenship, History And Religious Education) MA
- Education (Psychology) MA
- Education And International Development MA
- Education And Technology In Clinical Practice MA
- Education, Gender And International Development MA
- Education, Health Promotion And International Development MA
- Educational Assessment MA
- Educational Planning, Economics And International Development MA
- Effective Learning MA
- English Education MA
- Geography Education MA
- Higher And Professional Education MA
- History Of Education MA
- Inclusive Education MA
- Information And Communications Technology (ICT) In Education MA
- Joint Professional Practice: Language And Communication MSc
- Leadership MA
- Lifelong Learning MA
- Literacy Learning And Literacy Difficulties (academic Route) MA
- Literacy Learning And Literacy Difficulties (professional Route) MA
- Master Of Teaching (MTeach)
- Master Of Teaching (MTeach) In The Post-Compulsory Sector
- Mathematics Education MA
- Media, Culture And Communication MA
- Museums And Galleries In Education MA
- Music Education MA
- Philosophy Of Education MA
- Policy Studies In Education MA
- Primary Education (Policy And Practice) MA
- Psychology Of Education MA/MSc
- Psychosocial Studies And Education MA
- Science Education MA
- Social Justice And Education MA
- Social Pedagogy: Working With Children And Young People In Or On The Edge Of Care MA
- Sociology Of Childhood And Children’s Rights MA
- Sociology Of Education MA
- Special And Inclusive Education MA/MSc
- Teaching And Learning In Higher And Professional Education MA
- Teaching Of English To Speakers Of Other Languages (TESOL) MA
- World English MA
UCL Institute of Education (IOE) Officially Appointed Representative in Singapore
Talk to JACK StudyAbroad for advice on your study plan and application to UCL Institute of Education (IOE). Free Services for Students in Singapore:
- Professional Advice on Courses & Institutions
- Checking and Submission of Application
- Advice on UCAS application
- Documents Certification
- Assistance on Visa Application
- Assistance on Hostel booking
To receive these free services, please fill in the enquiry form or contact us.
Fees & Intake
Intake: September, January, June
The fees is about: £13,000 +/-
Tuition fees are revised annually. Please contact us for more information. Students are recommended to check for current information, and to return regularly for updates on tuition fees.
Are You in Singapore? You are eligible for our free service.We are the one-stop centre in Singapore for university & visa application. Appointed by universities, our services are free for students in Singapore. Talk to us today to get advice on your study plan and assistance on your application.
- Call (+65) 6737 6734, or visit Our Office at Orchard Gateway@Emerald (Opp. Somerset 313)
- Read more about Free University Application Service